Not sure how to prep for the holidays? We’ve put together this checklist of important steps you can take to set your shop up for success.
With the holidays quickly approaching, it’s time to start preparing your Society6 shop for the influx of customers who will be searching for special gifts and festive items. The holiday season is the busiest shopping season of the year and presents exciting opportunities for increased traffic and sales. With this in mind, we want to give you our top five tips for ensuring success this holiday season. These simple tasks can add up to big wins so follow along!
1. Review your pricing to maximize sales
If you’ve enrolled in the Pro or Basic Artist Tier, you’re able to set your prices on all products in your shop. Maximize your earnings this holiday season by setting the markup you wish to earn. This year customers are especially price sensitive so keep that in mind when adjusting pricing. If you don’t know where to start, take a look at fellow Society6 artists who you feel your work might be similar to in order to get a baseline.
2. Refresh your shop
Think of your artist shop as a physical storefront. You want customers to feel like they’re in the right place for their holiday shopping! Now is the perfect time to upload or swap in those new pieces you’ve been holding onto. If you have a current bestseller, consider updating it in a new color or if you have season specific designs, don’t forget to make those available now.
Also, consider sorting your shop to show off the product categories you want to prioritize this season. Simply navigate to your shop, click on “Edit Shop” then “Shop Settings.” From there, adjust the settings to your liking.
3. Create collections
Guide your customers to specific products and designs that you know will be a hit this holiday season! Collections are a great way to put together gift guides, which are a helpful sharing tool for the holidays. Be sure to include at least a few stocking stuffers since they’re easy to gift and affordable! Last year, we refreshed our entire collections feature and now it’s easier than ever for customers to add items from collections to their carts. In case you missed it, learn more about creating collections here.
4. Share the promos
During Black Friday and Cyber Monday, we run our biggest promotions of the year! Customers will be looking out for the best deals so spreading the word is key. You’ll also want to consider what your customers might be looking for at different times throughout the season. For example, November will be the strongest month for traditional gifting and December is where we typically see customers shopping for last minute gifts or stocking stuffers. As always, stay up to date with our promotional schedule here.
5. Add links to your social pages
Make it easy for customers to find your shop and products by adding or sharing links to your social media pages. Some links to consider including are:
- Your holiday gift guide collection. Once you’ve merchandised the products in your collection, click on the share button on the collections page, copy the link and paste it in your bio. Not only will this bring customers directly to a merchandised set of products, but your affiliate link will be automatically applied to the link! If you haven’t already joined our Artist Affiliate Program, you can learn more and sign up here (its quick!)
- A design details page. These pages are perfect for showcasing any popular or new designs that you’ve uploaded along with all of the products it is enabled on. Each one of your designs now has a Design Detail Page, which you can access by clicking on any product, scrolling down the page, and then clicking on the button that reads “Shop all products with this design.” The share button on this page will also include your affiliate link by default.
- Your main shop page. Make sure you’ve prepped your shop by adding a bio, avatar, banner, and choosing your default product settings. If you’ve joined our affiliate program, you’ll want to add your unique affiliate link to your shop URL. We’ll explain how it works below:
Using artist AliRae Aguirre’s shop as an example, AliRae’s shop link is society6.com/aliraeaguirre. Her custom affiliate link is ?curator=aliraeaguirre. So to use AliRae’s affiliate link, AliRae could share their shop with: society6.com/aliraeaguirre?curator=aliraeaguirre. This method can be used for any page on Society6.