Society6 and TNT are partnering up to celebrate its new show “Will” by finding Society6 artists to create a fresh and modern take on Shakespeare.
The winning designs will be showcased as a product on the “Will TNT” social pages to celebrate the show’s launch and will receive a cash prize of $2,000.
The new series “Will” explores the raucous world of young William Shakespeare. The show premieres on July 10th.
We figured there are likely thousands of artists in the Society6 community that’d be up for a creative challenge with some flourish – read below on how to get involved!
See official contest rules here.
What We’re Looking For….
- Designs that are fresh, contemporary, edgy, bright, colorful, and bold.
- Look to his quotes, works, and life for inspiration.
- Do not use images or likeness of any TNT actors
- These designs should be completely original and of your own works.
- And, of course, no purchase necessary
How to submit…
- Simply tag your work with WILLSHAKESPEARE to submit a design for consideration
- There is no limit to how many designs you can enter
- Feel free to tag existing work that applies, it doesn’t need to be brand new
- Submission date closes on May, 26th at midnight PT
- Must be 18 years of age to be selected. Employees and family members of TNT, TimeWarner Inc., Society6, LLC or Leaf Group Ltd. are not eligible.
- About the show: This is Shakespeare’s origin story, where Will has just arrived onto the punk-rock theatre scene in 16th century London. It is in this seductive, violent world that his raw talent faces rioting audiences, religious fanatics and raucous sideshows. A period drama told in a bold, colorful and contemporary style and played to a modern soundtrack that exposes all of Shakespeare’s recklessness, lustful temptations and tortured brilliance.
- The show takes viewers back in time to Elizabethan England to tell the wild, rowdy story of a young William Shakespeare coming to London to make his name as a writer.
- Check out TNT’s own “Will” Shop Here
- Watch the trailer for style cues below
- Will is: Original, Intelligent, Contemporary, Vibrant
- Will is not: Traditional, Stodgy, Homework
What happens after…
- On June 12th, judges from the TNT “Will” team will identify final designs for use leading up to the series premier event on June 27th
- Winners will be identified by the design’s originality, its contemporary take on Shakespeare and overall best fit with the Will TNT show
- Entries will be judged on Originality, Style Alignment, Creative Interpretations, Technical Execution and Commercial Viability
- Artists of the selected designs will receive a $2,000 USD cash prize for use of their designs in various promotional materials in accordance with Society6’s terms of service
- We will announce the selected artists and works after the submission window has closed
- We will also create collections beyond selected designs to feature with both the Society6 and TNT “Will” audience, in which standard royalties apply.
We’re looking forward to seeing great new works honoring Mr. Shakespeare and are happy to answer any questions about the collaboration in the comments below.