All About Fall
Greetings ya ghouls and goblins! (Sorry, we’ll stop.)
It’s October and people everywhere are having the same conversation, did this year fly by or what? We’re already out here scouring the pharmacy aisles for discounted bulk candy and it seems like yesterday we were having a picnic in the park. Time is crazy like that. Anywho…
With cooler temps on the horizon or, for the unlucky, already on their doorstep, customers are refreshing their wardrobes with long sleeve shirts, hoodies and leggings. Cozy accessories are also feeling the love, think floor pillows, throw blankets, and rugs. Keep this in mind as you upload new designs and enable new products!
The Trend Report: October
This month we chatted with Society6 Art Director and artist Jessica Parker for our Trends With Benefits: How To Capitalize On Popular Styles feature. She shares the top three things she thinks are going to be huge this fall. Follow these tips and make them your own to get ahead of the game this winter season.
Plus, check out a few standouts in our fall trend spotting, along with some new trends that are helping to shape the merch market.
- Halloween (the more spooktacular the better)
- Horoscopes, horoscopes, horoscopes. People LOVE horoscopes.
- Retro Vibes (people are always down to get groovy with it)
- Seasonal appropriate nature (more snow capped mountains, less beachy palm trees <sigh>)
- (Read the Trend Report for SO much more!)
Helpful Hint: Remember to use relevant titles, tags and descriptions. Check out this article on How to Get Found in Search to make sure you’re maximizing your opportunity to be discovered by customers and our own curation team.
October Product Recommendations
Thinking about enabling or promoting new products? Here’s what shoppers are looking for with fall right around the corner:
- Home Decor is trending, and Furniture is HOT. Customers are getting excited about these new products and Bar Stools, Counter Stools, Coffee Tables and Side Tables are particularly popular right now.
- Spending time with friends and family in the kitchen this holiday? We’re seeing interest in: Serving Trays, Coasters and Cutting Boards.
- Cozy season has begun, so think about adding your artistic approach to: Throw Blankets, Rugs and Floor Pillows.
- Customers are warming up their wardrobes and looking for: Hoodies, Leggings and Long Sleeve Shirts.
- Cards and Coffee Mugs are also on the radar and ready for gifting!
- Art Prints, Metal Prints, Murals and Tapestries are always a top seller, no matter what season.
All-Over Print Tees are Transforming
We’re changing the all over graphic tee game and coming in hot next month with an all new approach to this product with cut-and-sew production! Stay tuned for more details on the new template and official launch date.
New Product Announcement: Furniture!
Furniture officially launched on September 6th and we are stoked about this ALL-NEW line featuring SIX stylish options: credenzas, coffee tables, side tables, benches, bar stools and counter stools. Here’s all the info you need to know: We’re Launching Furniture!
Artist Tips for Creative Success & Inspo
Wanna see something fun and educational?
Wanna chat with other S6 Artists?
Join our Official Facebook Group: The Society6 Artist Hub
We post weekly educational material, art and product tutorials, #WIP challenges, artist features, new product announcements, site updates, our promotional schedule and more. Please join us!
Requirements for Approval: You must have (1) at least five unique designs available for sale and (2) answer all three required questions before you’ll be considered for approval. We add new members every Monday and Tuesday. Make sure you check out our Community Guidelines on arrival. They’re in the photos section of the group.
This is not a self-promotion group. Any self-promoters will be removed immediately. This is how we protect your ability to access the most important Society6-related info!
Bookmark the Society6 Promotional Schedule
This is a Google Doc with all the promotional information and downloadable overlay assets you need regarding active and upcoming promotions. We’ll keep this up to date so you can bookmark and use accordingly through the holidays and beyond.
Access and bookmark the document here.